- Distance from start to finish: 2500 metres
- Altitude distance from start (in the canyon) to finish: 105 metres
- River temperature: 15°C, it depends on season.
- Water diving: You can dive in the water only in the places allowed by guide. Usually, there are four dives. Water diving on canyoning trip in Badnjevica canyon is obligatory only in one place, from 2.5 meters. Other divings are not obligatory because they can easily be bypassed.
- Absailing: Canyoning Badnjevica trip includes rope lowering using alpine equipment. There are four lowerings using alpine equipment (5m + 12m + 3m + 3m).
- Canyoning equipment: Helmet, life jacket, alpine equipment, long neoprene suit and jacket.
- Equipment & Staff: All equipment used is registered and certified at EU. All customers must wear Personal Flotation Device (PFD) and helmet at all times while on the river. All of our professional guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service. Staff speaks Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: A moderate level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age 16 years.
- What to Bring: Footwear such as joggers (to wear in the river), swimming wear, towel, clothes to change afterwards. You can take your own footwear, use our footwear (sneakers) free of charge. You also have posibility to rent the best shoes for canyoning – Five Ten Canyoneer 3. The number of our sneakers and Canyoneer 3 shoes is limited in quantity and size.
- Food and drinks: After exiting Badnjevica canyon, it is possible to organize domestic food and drinks in a nearby tavern (10 min by car). Prices vary from 10 to 15 Euros.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours, without advanced notice, at their discretion depending on weather or river conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia’s staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 2 and a Maximum of 8 people.
- Availability: This trip runs if there are 2 or more people. E-mail us regarding dates, and tell us the number of people in your group. We will inform you about dates available.
- Extras: Two famous lakes, Red Lake and Blue Lake are located near Badnjevica canyon (only 15 min by car). After lunch, we go sightseeing the lakes.
- Starts from: Zadvarje Village
- Canyoning tour/departure times: Between 10 AM and 11 AM (or by agreement for each group).
- Duration of the tour: 3.30 – 4.30 h
- Duration of transfer: 1h and 15 min – one way (80 km from Split) or 1h – one way (55 km from Makarska)
- Activity price: 90€ per person
- The price includes: Equipment, insurance and guide assistance.
- Price of transfer: 15 € per person – both directions included.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
Meeting point - SPLIT
N 44.568856; E 16.123323
Meeting point in SPLIT - 43°30'26.99 N 16°26'23.13 E
Meeting point - ZADVARJE village
HOW TO FIND ZADVARJE VILLAGE
By car from Split or Trogir: Exit Split and go north towards highway A1 – DUGOPOLJE entrance. Enter the highway and drive approx. 40km in the direction of MAKARSKA. Exit at SESTANOVAC and drive 2km south to the ZADVARJE village. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station.
By car from Makarska: Exit Makarska and go north. Drive for 17km and when you come to the crossroad Dubci you will see on your right a yellow sign for Imotski/Zadvarje. Turn right and drive 8km to Zadvarje. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station. 50km east of Split & 25km west from Makarska.
MEETING POINT IN ZADVARJE VILLAGE
At Split Adventure meeting point, INA gas station in the village. Zadvarje has one main street called Hrvatskih branitelja, the gas station is on it.
Pick up time in SPLIT:
At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian's palace.
01.03. – 25.08. at 09 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10 AM
Pick up time in MAKARSKA:
At INA gas station – north exit
01.03. – 25.08. at 09.30 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10.30 AM
Other departure time and places upon agreement and availability.