Cetina river has been flowing for thousands of years and thus creating mystical shapes in its bed. Crystal clear water and river suitable for swimming offer a true experience of untouched nature with its cliffs up to 180 meters high, waterfalls, lakes, subterranean tunnels and a 50 meters high waterfall Gubavica. Guide will give you a life-jacket, a helmet, neoprene pants and jacket and the small expedition is ready to set off. The sound of the river becomes louder as you descend into the canyon. Ten minutes later you will find yourself in the middle of Cetina river canyon. Walking through river and rapids, going through subterranean tunnels, swimming in natural pools, going around waterfalls and lakes – all this is canyoning. If you are looking for more adrenaline-pumped version of this tour, you can check Extreme canyoning in Split.
- Distance from start to finish: 2.300 meters
- Altitude distance from start (in the canyon) to finish: 73 meters
- River temperature: Between 15°C and 19°C. It depends on the season.
- Water diving: You can dive in the water only in places that are allowed by the guide. Usually, there are four dives, but they are not obligatory and can be bypassed.
- Abseiling: Cetina Canyoning trip does not include rope lowering and using alpine equipment. Rope lowering is a part of the extreme canyoning trip.
- Canyoning equipment: Helmet, life-jacket, long neoprene suit and jacket.
- Equipment & Staff: All equipment used is registered and certified at the EU. All customers must wear Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) and helmets at all times while in the river. All of our professional guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service. Staff members speak Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: Minimum level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary. Swimming skills necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 8 years.
- What to Bring: Footwear such as joggers (to wear in the river), a swimming suit, a towel and clothes to change afterwards. You can take your own footwear, or use our footwear (sneakers) free of charge. You also have the posibility to rent the best shoes for canyoning – Five Ten Canyoneer 3. The number of our sneakers and Canyoneer 3 shoes is limited in quantity and size.
- Food and drinks: You can find two small shops in Zadvarje and two restaurants with domestic food and coffee. You can have whole lunch for 8 to 14 euros.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours, without notice, at their discretion, depending on the weather or river conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia’s staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 2 and a Maximum of 50.
- Availability: Every day from 20th of April to 15th of October. This trip runs if there are 2 or more people. E-mail us regarding dates and tell us the number of people in your group. We also need to know if you need transfers. We will inform you about the dates available.
- Starts from: Village Zadarje
- Canyoning tour/departure times: Between 10 AM and 11 AM (or as agreed for each group).
- Duration of tour: 3.30 – 4.30 h
- Duration of transfer: 45 min – one way (50 km from Split), 30 min – one way (25 km from Makarska)
- Activity price: 35€ per person
- The price includes: Equipment, insurance and guide assistance.
- Price of transfer: 15€ per person – both directions included
- Organized transfers: Every day from Split and Makarska city centers.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
Meeting point - SPLIT
N: 43°30'26.99 E: 16°26'23.13
Meeting point in SPLIT - 43°30'26.99 N 16°26'23.13 E
Meeting point - ZADVARJE
N: 43°25'59.7" E: 16°53'33.8"
HOW TO FIND ZADVARJE VILLAGE?
By car from Split or Trogir: Exit Split and go north towards highway A1 – DUGOPOLJE entrance. Enter the highway and drive approx. 40km in the direction of MAKARSKA. Exit at SESTANOVAC and drive 2km south to the ZADVARJE village. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station.
By car from Makarska: Exit Makarska and go north. Drive for 17km and when you come to the crossroad Dubci you will see on your right a yellow sign for Imotski/Zadvarje. Turn right and drive 8km to Zadvarje. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station.
50km east of Split & 25km west from Makarska.
MEETING POINT IN THE VILLAGE
At Split Adventure meeting point, INA gas station in the village. Zadvarje has one main street called Hrvatskih branitelja, the gas station is on it.
Pick up time in SPLIT: At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian’s palace:
01.03. – 25.08. at 09 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10 AM
Pick up time in MAKARSKA: At INA gas station – north exit:
01.03. – 25.08. at 09.30 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10.30 AM
Transfer can be organized from other places and at other times upon agreement.