Watching the 1700 year old palace of Roman emperor Diocletian from sea level will provide you a remarkable experience of the Adriatic port of Split. The biggest city from both sides of Adriatic gives many opportunities for you to explore, not actually going far away from city center. Starting from the western side of the port your kayaking tour will proceed towards the southern side of Splits park-forest Marjan. Your tour along the coast will include the area of the Kastelet with the gallery of the famous Croatian sculptor Ivan Mestrovic and Villa Dalmatia that once belonged to later Yugoslav communist leader Tito. Kayaking tour will also pass close to Maritime research institute and the bay of Bene and back with a drink at the area of the Institute. Paddling along the coast is to show you the touch of nature and Mediterranean architecture dominated with Diocletian’s palace that is under protection of UNESCO.
- Distance between start position and finish: 9 km
- Kayaking equipment: Sea kayaks, paddles, life-jackets. Usually we use double sit on top kayaks, sit in kayaks are available on request.
- Fitness level: A low level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 8 years.
- What to bring: Water, sunglasses, hat and sunscreen, swimming suites, dry clothes to change after the tour.
- Equipment & Staff: All equipment used is registered and certified at the EU. All customers must wear Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) at all times while at sea. All our professional guides are locals with good area knowledge and experience. All guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service and some of them at Irish canoe union (ICU). Staff members speak Croatian and English.
- Food & Drink: There are few small restaurants with a great choice of food and drinks near the starting/finish point of the tour..
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours without previous notice in case of bad weather conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia staff must be adhered to.
- Availability: Every day from 1st of May to until the end of October. You must book your place on the tour at least one day before the trip by e-mail, message or in person so we can give you the exact meeting point and time of departure as well as number of places available on each tour.
- Starts from: Split city center.
- Kayaking tour departure times: Morning and afternoon, depending on the season.
- Duration of the tour: 4h
- Price: 35€ per person.
- The price includes: Equipment, insurance, guide assistance.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
- Organized transport: Pick up in front of your hotel or private accommodation by agreement and availability.
Meeting point - SPLIT
N: 43°30'26.99 E: 16°26'23.13
Meeting point in SPLIT - 43°30'26.99 N 16°26'23.13 E
MEETING POINT in Split:
Small port and beach MATEJUŠKA.
01.03. – 25.08. at 9 AM
26.08. – 02.10. at 10 AM
Other departure times and places upon agreement or availability.