This tour begins at a small place called Jakiruša – Brela. Beautiful Jakiruša bay is surrounded with spectacular mountain of Biokovo. There is a sandy beach in Jakiruša, popular with locals and tourists for swimming and on the west side there is a rocky coast and one of the last untouched bays in this part of the Riviera – bay Vrulja. We launch our sea kayaks on the beach and paddle lightly towards deserted sandy beaches of Vrulja bay. We stop to observe the submarine groundwater source that brings 50 m3 of drinking water per second to this place even in the summer. Our paddle takes us to Vrulja beach where we pause to swim and snorkel in crystal blue waters. After kayaking adventure, we can arrange a delicious meal in a local restaurant (not included in price).
- Distance from start to finish: 4.6 km
- Sea temperature: Between 19°C and 27°C. It depends on season.
- Cliff diving: You can jump in the seawater in places allowed by guide.
- Sea kayaking equipment: Life-jacket, paddle, snorkel, waterproof container for personal things, double seat on the top kayak and, if necessary, neoprene suit.
- Equipment & Staff: All equipment used is registered and certified at the EU. All customers must wear Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) at all times while at sea. All our professional guides are locals with good area knowledge and experience. All guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service and some of them at Irish canoe union (ICU). Staff members speak Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: A minimum level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 6 years.
- What to Bring: Swimming suit, towel, hat for sun protection, sunscreen, water, dry clothes to change after the tour.
- Food and drinks: You can find a few small shops in Brela and many restaurants with domestic food and coffee. You can have the whole lunch for 10 to 15 Euros.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours, without notice at their discretion depending on the weather or sea conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia’s staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 2 and a Maximum of 60.
- Availability: Every day from 1st of May to the end of October. This trip runs if there are 2 or more people. E-mail us regarding dates and tell us number of people in your group. We also need to know if you need transfers. We will inform you about dates available.
- Starts from: Brela/Jakiruša
- Sea kayaking & snorkeling tour departure times: Between 9 AM and 10 AM (or as agreed for each group).
- Duration of the tour: 3.30 – 4h
- Duration of the transfer: 60 min – one way (60 km from Split) or 20 min – one way (18 km from Makarska).
- Activity price: 35€ per person.
- The price includes: Equipment, insurance and guide assistance.
- Price of transfer: 15€ per person – both directions included.
- Organized transfers: Every day from Split and Makarska city centers.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
Meeting point - SPLIT
N 44.568856; E 16.123323
Meeting point in SPLIT - 43°30'26.99 N 16°26'23.13 E
Meeting point - BRELA
JAKIRUŠA BEACH IN BRELA
By car from Split or Trogir:
Exit Split and go north towards highway A1 - DUGOPOLJE entrance. Enter the highway and drive approx. 40 km in direction of MAKARSKA. Exit at ŠESTANOVAC and drive 11 km south to the intersection with Adriatic highway. Turn left at the intersection and drive 3.5 km to restaurant ‘Šampion’ which is located on the right side of the road. About ten meters before the restaurant there is a secondary road on the right that goes down abruptly. Turn to that road and after 200 meters take another right turn, drive to a church that will be on your left side but just keep going forward. Drive downhill on the asphalt road until you reach sea and beach. We will meet you 50 meters below restaurant 'Burin'.
By car from Makarska:
Exit Makarska and go north. Drive for 15 km and when you pass the turn for a place called Brela you have another 0.7 km drive to the restaurant ‘Šampion’ which is located on your left. Take a left turn immediately after the restaurant. After 200 meters take another right turn, drive to a church that will be on your left side but just keep going forward. Drive downhill on the asphalt road until you reach the sea and the beach. We will meet you 50 meters below restaurant 'Burin'. 60km east of Split, 18km west of Makarska.
Meeting time at Jakiruša at 10.30 AM or upon agreement.
Pick up time in SPLIT:
At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian's palace.
01.03. – 25.08. at 09 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10 AM
Pick up time in MAKARSKA:
At INA gas station – north exit
01.03. – 25.08. at 09.30 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10.30 AM
Other departure time and places upon agreement and availability.