Stand up paddling offers a fun, relaxing way to play on the water. Enjoy this activity on one of the most beautiful karst lakes in Croatia. Learn the legend about the formation of Blue lake near Imotski town and discover why it is possible to play football at the bottom of the lake. After paddling we are taking you to see one of the deepest karst lakes in Europe just nearby, Red lake, that got its name after reddish brown color of the surrounding cliffs. We continue our day towards the spring of Vrljika river near the old mill where you will have traditional lunch prepared under the baking lid. Previous experience or age doesn’t matter since it is very easy to learn. And since you stand at your full height, you can enjoy unique views of beautiful Blue lake.
- Stand up paddling equipment: Board, paddle and life-jacket. We use inflatable boards- sizes 10,2 and 10,4 inches.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 6 years.
- What to bring: Swimming suit, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, water, towel, clothes to change afterwards, sneakers.
- Food & Drink: Traditional Dalmatian dish – meat under the baking lid – and 1 drink. Baking lid is a specific way of preparing food, and is similar to grill. The octopus, potatoes, olive oil, wine, garlic, onions and spices are put in a large bowl and covered with the baking lid which is again covered with ember. It takes up to three hours in order to prepare this meal.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours without previous notice in case of bad weather conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia staff must be complied with.
- Availability: You must book your place on the tour at least one day before the trip by e-mail, message or in person so we can give you the exact meeting point and time of departure as well as the number of places available on each tour.
- Minimum number of people: 4
- Starts from: Split City center
- Stand up paddle tour departure times: Morning
- Duration of the tour: 7 – 8 hours with transfers
- Price: 80,00€ per person
- The price includes: Equipment, lunch at the old mill, transfer, Blue Lake entrance ticket, insurance, guide assistance, both way transfer.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
- Organized transfer: Pick up is in front of your hotel or private accommodation by agreement.
Meeting point - SPLIT
N 44.568856; E 16.123323
Meeting point in SPLIT - 43°30'26.99 N 16°26'23.13 E
Meeting point - ZADVARJE village
HOW TO FIND ZADVARJE VILLAGE
By car from Split or Trogir: Exit Split and go north towards highway A1 – DUGOPOLJE entrance. Enter the highway and drive approx. 40km in the direction of MAKARSKA. Exit at SESTANOVAC and drive 2km south to the ZADVARJE village. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station.
By car from Makarska: Exit Makarska and go north. Drive for 17km and when you come to the crossroad Dubci you will see on your right a yellow sign for Imotski/Zadvarje. Turn right and drive 8km to Zadvarje. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station. 50km east of Split & 25km west from Makarska.
MEETING POINT IN ZADVARJE VILLAGE
At Split Adventure meeting point, INA gas station in the village. Zadvarje has one main street called Hrvatskih branitelja, the gas station is on it.
Pick up time in SPLIT:
At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian's palace.
01.03. – 25.08. at 09 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10 AM
Pick up time in MAKARSKA:
At INA gas station – north exit
01.03. – 25.08. at 09.30 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10.30 AM
Other departure time and places upon agreement and availability.