Half an hour of walking through forest and shallow bed of Suvaja river divides you from entering the stone hatch of Badnjevica canyon. We start with rope lowering down a 17 meter waterfall. The canyon is only 2 to 3 meters wide at this place and the cliffs rise 30 meters high while the water disperses everywhere. This creates an impressive view. After reaching water we swim and walk and have two rope lowerings. We carry on through narrow and oval chambers, which were created by water erosion. Above us, the cliffs are high up to 60 meters and the sunrays try to reach us. In the second part of the trip, the canyon is wide and we swim through spacious lakes and walk on big river pebbles. On the very exit of the canyon you are about to make the biggest, a nine-meter water dive in.
- Distance from start to finish: 2500 metres
- Altitude distance from start (in the canyon) to finish: 105 metres
- River temperature: 15°C, it depends on season.
- Water diving: You can dive in the water only in the places allowed by guide. Usually, there are four dives. Water diving on canyoning trip in Badnjevica canyon is obligatory only in one place, from 2.5 meters. Other divings are not obligatory because they can easily be bypassed.
- Absailing: Canyoning Badnjevica trip includes rope lowering using alpine equipment. There are four lowerings using alpine equipment (5m + 12m + 3m + 3m).
- Canyoning equipment: Helmet, life jacket, alpine equipment, long neoprene suit and jacket.
- Equipment & Staff: All equipment used is registered and certified at EU. All customers must wear Personal Flotation Device (PFD) and helmet at all times while on the river. All of our professional guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service. Staff speaks Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: A moderate level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age 16 years.
- What to Bring: Footwear such as joggers (to wear in the river), swimming wear, towel, clothes to change afterwards. You can take your own footwear or rent the best shoes for canyoning – Five Ten Canyoneer 3. The number of our sneakers and Canyoneer 3 shoes is limited in quantity and size.
- Food and drinks: After exiting Badnjevica canyon, it is possible to organize domestic food and drinks in a nearby tavern (10 min by car). Prices vary from 10 to 15 Euros.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours, without advanced notice, at their discretion depending on weather or river conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia’s staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 2 and a Maximum of 8 people.
- Availability: This trip runs if there are 2 or more people. E-mail us regarding dates, and tell us the number of people in your group. We will inform you about dates available.
- Extras: Two famous lakes, Red Lake and Blue Lake are located near Badnjevica canyon (only 15 min by car). After lunch, we go sightseeing the lakes.
- Starts from: Zadvarje Village
- Canyoning tour/departure times: Between 10 AM and 11 AM (or by agreement for each group).
- Duration of the tour: 3.30 – 4.30 h
- Duration of transfer: 1h and 15 min – one way (80 km from Split) or 1h – one way (55 km from Makarska)
- Activity price: 90€ per person
- The price includes: Equipment, insurance and guide assistance.
- Price of transfer: 15 € per person – both directions included.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
Meeting point - SPLIT
N: 43°30'26.99 E: 16°26'23.13
Meeting point in SPLIT - 43°30'26.99 N 16°26'23.13 E
Adventure center - ZADVARJE village
N: 43°25'59.7" E: 16°53'33.8"
HOW TO FIND ZADVARJE VILLAGE?
By car from Split or Trogir direction: Exit Split and go north towards highway A1 - DUGOPOLJE entrance. Enter the highway and drive approx. 35 km in direction of MAKARSKA. Exit at ŠESTANOVAC and drive 2 km south to the ZADVARJE village. Meet us at INA petrol station in the village.
By car from Makarska: Exit Makarska and go north. Drive for 17 km and when you come to crossroad DUBCI you will see on your right a yellow sign Imotski/Zadvarje. Turn right and drive 8 km towards Zadvarje. Meet us at INA petrol station in the village.
50km east from Split and 25km west from Makarska.
Meeting time at 10AM in the village or upon agreement.
Pick up time in SPLIT:
At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian's palace.
01.03. – 25.08. at 09 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10 AM
Pick up time in MAKARSKA:
At INA gas station – north exit
01.03. – 25.08. at 09.30 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10.30 AM
Other departure time and places upon agreement and availability.