A combination of mountains, sea and river is a characteristic of Omiš town and the climbing area in its proximity. The climbing area is located at the banks of the river Cetina and is very popular in the summer. With the expert advice from our instructors, you will learn how to safely climb and descend the cliffs of Omiš. After climbing, all you have to do is decide whether you want to swim in the sea or river Cetina located fifty meters away from the climbing area.
- Route heights: From 10 to 30 meters
- Route grades: From 4c to 7a
- Swimming: Possible at the beach 400 meters from the climbing area.
- Climbing equipment: Helmet, harnesses and ropes, climbing shoes.
- Equipment & Staff: All equipment used is registered and certified at the EU and the UIAA standards. All customers must wear a helmet at all times while climbing. All our professional guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service. Staff members speak Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: A minimum level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 8 years.
- What to bring: Plenty of water, sunscreen, snacks.
- Food and drinks: You can find many shops in Omiš and restaurants with domestic food and coffee. You can have the whole lunch for 8 to 15 Euros.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours, without notice at their discretion depending on the weather conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia’s staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 2 and a Maximum of 50.
- Availability: Every day during the whole year. This trip runs if there are 2 or more people. E-mail us regarding dates and tell us number of people in your group. We will inform you about dates available.
- Starts from: Omiš Town
- Climbing tour departure times: Between 10 AM and 11 AM (or as agreed for each group).
- Duration of the activity: 4h
- Duration of transfer: 30 min – one-way (25 km from Split), 35 min – one-way (37 km from Makarska)
- Price: 40€ per person
- The price includes: Equipment, insurance and guide assistance.
- Price of transfer: 15€ per person – both directions included.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
Meeting point – SPLIT
N: 43°30’26.99 E: 16°26’23.13
Meeting point in SPLIT – 43°30’26.99 N 16°26’23.13 E
Meeting point – OMIŠ
N: 43.448841 E: 16.693905
Omiš Meeting point
Pick up time in SPLIT: At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian’s palace.
01.03. – 25.08. at 09 AM
26.08. – 01.10. at 10 AM
Meeting point in OMIŠ: Climbing area in front of the tunnel along the road.
Meeting time at 10 AM or upon agreement.