If you really want to learn about the place, then you should travel on foot. Hiking really brings you close to the land and its people. Join one of our hiking adventures into amazing Dalmatian inland with even more amazing views. Our guides will take you to an old abandoned village, tell you about traditional stone architecture and the way of life in the past. You will walk on a trail that once served as the only connection between Dalmatian inland and Adriatic Sea, over 1000 years old. Even more amazing is the fact that you will see the best nature has to give you, blend of sea and high mountain peaks. Hiking Dalmatian inland is impressive from start to finish with karst scenery and crystal blue Adriatic water. This one-day easy hike should be on your bucket list.
- Distance from start to finish: There are a few different routes that vary from easy to advanced ones. Routes range from easy to moderate.
- Staff: All our professional guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service. Staff members speak Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: A minimum level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not neccessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 8 years.
- What to Bring: Footwear such as joggers or hiking shoes, hat, sun cream, plenty of water, dress in layers.
- Food and drinks: You can find two small shops in Zadvarje and two restaurants with domestic food and coffee. You can have the whole lunch for 14 Euros.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours, without notice at their discretion depending on the weather conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia’s staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 4 and a Maximum of 50.
- Availability: Every day during the whole year. This trip runs if there are 4 or more people. E-mail us regarding dates and tell us the number of people in your group. We will inform you about the dates available.
- Starts from: Zadvarje village
- Hiking tour departure times: Between 10 and 11 AM (or as agreed for each group).
- Duration of the tour: 4 – 5 hours
- Transfer duration: 45min from Split or 35 minutes from Makarska
- Price: 30,00€ per person
- Price includes: Insurance and guide assistance.
- Transfer price: 15,00€ per person; both directions included.
Meeting point – SPLIT
N: 43°30’26.99 E: 16°26’23.13
Treffpunkt - Ortschaft ZADVARJE
N: 43°25’59.7″ E: 16°53’33.8″
HOW TO FIND ZADVARJE VILLAGE
By car from Split or Trogir: Exit Split and go north towards highway A1 – DUGOPOLJE entrance. Enter the highway and drive approx. 40km in the direction of MAKARSKA. Exit at SESTANOVAC and drive 2km south to the ZADVARJE village. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station.
By car from Makarska: Exit Makarska and go north. Drive for 17km and when you come to the crossroad Dubci you will see on your right a yellow sign for Imotski/Zadvarje. Turn right and drive 8km to Zadvarje. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station. 50km east of Split & 25km west from Makarska.
MEETING POINT IN ZADVARJE VILLAGE
At Split Adventure meeting point, INA gas station in the village. Zadvarje has one main street called Hrvatskih branitelja, the gas station is on it.
Pick up time in SPLIT:
At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian’s palace.
01.03. – 25.08. at 09 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10 AM
Pick up time in MAKARSKA:
At INA gas station – north exit
01.03. – 25.08. at 09.30 AM
26.08. – 01.03. at 10.30 AM
Other departure time and places upon agreement and availability.