EXTREME CANYONING CETINA
- Distance from start to finish: 2.300 meters
- Altitude distance from start (in the canyon) to finish: 73 meters
- River temperature: Between 15°C and 19°C. It depends on the season.
- Water diving: You can dive in the water only in places allowed by the guide. Usually, there are four dives, but they are not obligatory because they can be bypassed
- Abseiling: Cetina Extreme Canyoning trip includes rope lowering and using alpine equipment. We have lowerings; the first one is 53 meters high and the second is 18 meters high.
- Canyoning equipment: Helmet, life-jacket, special canyoning suit with extra knee and shin protectors, alpine equipment.
- Equipment & Staff: All equipment used is registered and certified at the EU. All customers must wear Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) and helmets at all times while on the river. All of our professional guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service. Staff members speak Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: A minimum level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary. Swimming skills necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 16 years.
- What to Bring: Footwear such as joggers (to wear in the river), normal socks, a swimming suit, a towel and clothes to change afterwards. You also have the possibility to rent the best shoes for canyoning – Five ten Canyoneer 3. The number of our sneakers and Canyoneer 3 shoes is limited in quantity and size.
- Food and drinks: You can find two small shops in Zadvarje and two restaurants with domestic food and coffee. You can have whole lunch for 8 to 14 euros.
- Onsite Facilities:Toilets are available at the beginning and at the end of the trip. There are no toilet facilities available during the canyoning trip. Customers are advised to use the toilet facilities at their accommodation.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours, without notice at their discretion depending on the weather or river conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia’s staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 2 and a Maximum of 40.
- Availability: Every day from 15th of April to the end of October. This trip runs if there are 2 or more people. E-mail us regarding dates and tell us the number of people in your group. We will inform you about the dates available.
- Starts from: Village Zadvarje
- Canyoning tour/departure times: Between 10 and 11 AM (or as agreed for each group).
- Duration of the tour: 3.30 – 4.30 h
- Duration of transfer: 45 min – one-way (50 km from Split) or 30 min – one-way (25 km from Makarska).
- Activity price: 60€ per person
- The price includes: Equipment, insurance and guide assistance.
- Price of transfer: 15€ per person – both directions included.
- Organized transfers: Every day from Split and Makarska city centers.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
HISTORY OF CANYONING ON CETINA RIVER
In May 2010 Adventure Dalmatia launched splitadventure.com to promote Canyoning and Extreme Canyoning on Cetina river as well as other outdoor activities with our guides and equipment in Split area.In June 2016 we opened new Canyoning Center in Zadvarje village fully equipped for exploration of Cetina river canyon during whole season from April until October.
Travel Alert: Covid-19
We hope you are taking care of yourselves and others and staying safe. In our mutual efforts to keep it that way, Split Adventure works with small groups of 8-16 people who book as individuals and larger groups that come as homogenous (people in the group know each other).
We invite you to follow these recommendations and instructions of the Croatian Institute of Public Health when entering Croatia.
All Split Adventure bookings are without prepayment to avoid bank/cancellation fees in case of any change of the circumstances with the virus.
Let’s keep it safe while rocking your holiday!
Meeting point - SPLIT
N: 43°30'26.99 E: 16°26'23.13
Meeting point in SPLIT - 43°30'26.99 N 16°26'23.13 E
Adventure center - ZADVARJE village
N: 43°25'59.7" E: 16°53'33.8"
Meeting point in ZADVARJE village - 43°25'59.7"N 16°53'33.8"E
HOW TO FIND ZADVARJE VILLAGE?
By car from Split or Trogir direction: Exit Split and go north towards highway A1 - DUGOPOLJE entrance. Enter the highway and drive approx. 35 km in direction of MAKARSKA. Exit at ŠESTANOVAC and drive 2 km south to the ZADVARJE village. Meet us at INA petrol station in the village.
By car from Makarska: Exit Makarska and go north. Drive for 17 km and when you come to crossroad DUBCI you will see on your right a yellow sign Imotski/Zadvarje. Turn right and drive 8 km towards Zadvarje. Meet us at INA petrol station in the village.
50km east from Split and 25km west from Makarska.
Meeting time at 10AM in the village or upon agreement.
Pick up time in SPLIT:
At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian’s palace:
15.04. – 25.08. at 09 AM
26.08. – 15.04. at 10 AM
Pick up time in MAKARSKA:
At INA gas station – north exit:
15.04. – 25.08. at 09.30 AM
26.08. – 15.04. at 10.30 AM
Transfer can be organized from other places and at other times upon agreement.