CANOE SAFARI CETINA
Come discover Cetina River by canoe. Here you will find some of the finest canoeing in Croatia. Cetina River is excellent for the first-timers or group trips because of its quiet parts and rapids that alternate on your three-hour journey. Canoe trip on Cetina river can be one of the most relaxing, healthiest and most enjoyable ways to spend a few hours or a full weekend! If arranged, the trip can be fulfilled with a barbeque lunch or dinner on a meadow by the river (additional payment).
- Distance from start to finish: 11.000 meters
- Altitude distance from start to finish: 31 meters
- River temperature: Between 15°C and 17°C. It depends on the season.
- White water grade: Grade 2 (the grading scale goes from 1 to 6)
- Swimming: You can swim at a few of the stops during the trip.
- Canoe safari equipment: Helmet, lifejacket and short or long neoprene suit.
- Equipment & Staff: All equipment used is registered and certified at the EU. All customers must wear Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) and helmets at all times while on the river. All of our professional guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service. Staff members speak Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: A minimum level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 8 years.
- What to Bring: Swimming suit, towel, dry clothes to change after the tour, water.
- Food and drinks: You can find two small shops in Zadvarje and two restaurants with domestic food and coffee. You can have the whole lunch for 8 to 14 Euros.
- Onsite Facilities: Toilets are available at the finish of the trip. There are no toilet facilities available during the canoe safari trip. Customers are advised to use the toilet facilities at their accommodation.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours, without notice at their discretion depending on the weather or river conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia’s staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 2 and a Maximum of 50.
- Availability: Every day from 1st of April to the end of November. This trip runs if there are 2 or more people. E-mail us regarding dates and tell us the number of people in your group. We will inform you about the dates available.
- Starts from: Village Zadvarje
- Canoeing tour/departure times: Between 10 AM and 11 AM (or as agreed for each group).
- Duration of the tour: 3 – 3.30h
- Duration of the transfer: 45 min – one-way (50 km from Split), 30 min – one-way (25 km from Makarska).
- Activity price: 35€ per person
- The price includes: Equipment, insurance and guide assistance.
- Price of transfer: 15€ per person – both directions included.
- Organized transfers: Every day from Split and Makarska city centers.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment
Travel Alert: Covid-19
We hope you are taking care of yourselves and others and staying safe. In our mutual efforts to keep it that way, Split Adventure works with small groups of 8-16 people who book as individuals and larger groups that come as homogenous (people in the group know each other).
We invite you to follow these recommendations and instructions of the Croatian Institute of Public Health when entering Croatia.
All Split Adventure bookings are without prepayment to avoid bank/cancellation fees in case of any change of the circumstances with the virus.
Let’s keep it safe while rocking your holiday!
Meeting point – SPLIT
N: 43°30’26.99 E: 16°26’23.13
Meeting point in SPLIT – 43°30’26.99 N 16°26’23.13 E
Meeting point – ZADVARJE village
N 44.568856; E 16.123323
HOW TO FIND ZADVARJE VILLAGE By car from Split or Trogir: Exit Split and go north towards highway A1 – DUGOPOLJE entrance. Enter the highway and drive approx. 40km in the direction of MAKARSKA. Exit at SESTANOVAC and drive 2km south to the ZADVARJE village. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station. By car from Makarska: Exit Makarska and go north. Drive for 17km and when you come to the crossroad Dubci you will see on your right a yellow sign for Imotski/Zadvarje. Turn right and drive 8km to Zadvarje. Meet us at Split Adventure meeting point at INA gas station. 50km east of Split & 25km west from Makarska. MEETING POINT IN ZADVARJE VILLAGE At Split Adventure meeting point, INA gas station in the village. Zadvarje has one main street called Hrvatskih branitelja, the gas station is on it.
ORGANIZED TRANSFER Pick up time in SPLIT: At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian’s palace. 01.03. – 25.08. at 09 AM 26.08. – 01.03. at 10 AM Pick up time in MAKARSKA: At INA gas station – north exit 01.03. – 25.08. at 09.30 AM 26.08. – 01.03. at 10.30 AM Other departure time and places upon agreement and availability.