An exciting off road adventure that departs from the city of Split will enable you to familiarize yourself with the architecture of old Dalmatian hinterland villages and the traditional way of life. Traveling in off road vehicles allows us to have an unusual experience of an area where the mountains Mosor and Biokovo are separated only by deep canyon of Cetina River, which flows into the sea at this point. We begin the off road tour driving on the southern slopes of the mountain Mosor and the path leads us to an old abandoned village of Gata. After visiting the village, we continue driving to village Blato on Cetina where we organize a barbecue lunch on a lawn by the river. After lunch, we drive to the village Zadvarje to visit the highest waterfall on river Cetina (Great Gubavica 55m). On our way back to Split we can take a swimming break or go sightseeing town of Omiš.
- Distance from start to finish: 100km
- Highest attitude from start to finish: 680 meters
- Swimming: There is a possibility of swimming on some beaches during the Jeep safari trip.
- Terrain cars: Land Rover Defender jeeps.
- Staff: Drivers and guides.
- Fitness Level: Not necessary.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 6 years.
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours without notice at his discretion depending on the weather conditions. All safety instructions from Adventure Dalmatia’s staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 2 and a Maximum of 50.
- Availability: Every day from 15th of April to the end of October. This trip runs if there are 2 or more people. Email us regarding dates, and tell us the number of people in your group. We will inform you about the dates available.
- Starts from: City of Split – Pick up and drop off in front of your accommodation place.
- Jeep safari tour departure times: Between 10 AM and 11 AM (or as agreed for each group)
- Duration of tour: 5 to 6 h
- Price: 85€ per person
- The price includes: Terrain cars with drivers and gasoline, lunch with drinks and insurance.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
Meeting point – SPLIT
N: 43°30’26.99 E: 16°26’23.13
Meeting point in SPLIT – 43°30’26.99 N 16°26’23.13 E
Pick up time in SPLIT: At RIVA in front of the entrance to the substructure of the Diocletian’s palace.
01.03. – 25.08. at 09 AM
26.08. – 01.10. at 10 AM
Meeting time and place can be arranged upon agreement.